Thursday, January 8, 2009

tension.

i want to rant. about something. but i've been stalking people online (probably you) and simultaneously discovering that people i know read my blog and i don't know about it. there is so much information out there. i can have a first impression of you even before i meet you, and vice versa.

i had a chat with a dude about this the other day. he said something like, have you ever learned something about a friend that you didn't need to know from their facebook page? maybe it is streamlining the friendship process. or maybe we could have a certain type of friendship and i don't need to know that you think Steven Segal should win an Oscar, Scientology is the only way to eternal life with aliens, and and you are in the group "Addicted to Paris Hilton." then all i will be able to think about is how i want to punch you in the face. even though you are my favorite racquetball partner, and that was working out just fine before you "friended" me on facebook.

so, either i make my blog private, or do some slight censoring and wait until i'm with you before i have a rant or share an emotional outburst or give a cheesy life lesson of some sort. i'll try keep the blog to the abstract stuff (hollylosophy), the serious stuff (toilet cleaning), and silly stuff (my upcoming plans to go to france and drink wine until i find the french charming. that might take a lot of wine!)

4 comments:

Timzie said...

Wait, Steven Segal hasn't won an Oscar yet? Wow. Time to start my letter writing campaign to the Academy.

-hh said...

wow.

Unknown said...

I want to know what you found out...

Sam Schwartz said...

I know what you mean. What to say and what not to say on the blog is a constant challenge for me. I'd probably be much more obscene, profane, and generally sacrilegious if I knew who was reading it and who wasn't.

But if it gets too abstract and too impersonal, people tend to lose interest. At least that's what I've observed.