Thursday, July 26, 2012

what a baby feels like inside my belly - month 7

The thing about newborn babies that I've always been a little intimidated by is their water balloon style poor posture and lack of head control. They don't seem breakable in the traditional dry pasta sort of way, but more squishable or flexible in the gross cirque de soleil sort of way.

I just don't want to accidentally squish or flex something the wrong direction. So, now at 7 months, I'm wondering how she can be so strong and painful up against my ribs, but really so squishy that I fear I'll crush her when I roll over halfway onto my belly at night.

Lately, it's like a set of billiard balls rolling around in there. I can see the skin move as they pass each other and often imagine that  click sound you hear when you shoot pool. The billiard ball has always seemed like a great weapon to have in a bar fight if you have decent aim or a good grip, so heavy and eerily dangerous for a sphere. How can she feel so heavy and strong and multi-spherical? She's powerful. My right abdomen often has a slight burning pain as she shoves the cue ball up under my ribs.

Also, we've had our first hiccups. That's just like feeling a little heartbeat, but instead she's probably annoyed that she can't get rid of them by swallowing a teaspoon of sugar or holding her breath.

Dan has also spent a lot of time with his blazing hot hands on my belly. He'd love to try out this pregnancy thing, in theory, and loves feeling her move, especially as she adds new techniques. The other day as she was showing off her billiard/boxing gym/butterfly moves, he said, "It's like she's in there with a hammer trying to bang out some room as if your belly is a crushed fender." Yep. That sounds about right.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

rental service in Dubai contact for more info. rent a car sharjah