Tuesday, June 24, 2008

small victory

in the bathroom: last month i was on my knees in front of the porcelain god for 20 minutes -- not puking, that was soooo 1997-2007 -- but trying to get this crazy thick brownish greeen layer of limescale OUT of the toilet bowl. it was disgusting. i had some cleaning product that is made somewhere in eastern europe (VIAKAL - μεγάλε ςεπιάειες!) that was burning my eyes and i could swear that the chemical was eating away at my elbow-length yellow rubber gloves. i had even drained the water out using a cup and was seriously going at this stuff, putting my back in to it if you will, but to no avail. it had won the battle.

but THEN i went online last night, and who knew? some chap recommended plain ol' distilled vinegar would do the trick. i poured about a gallon in my stubborn bowl, and this morning i woke up and with a quick toilet brush sweep it was all gone! i wish i had taken a picture. it was magical.

yes, these are the things that make me feel like i've accomplished something. i'm off to the store now to restock my vinegar supply.