Monday, June 16, 2014

this place is full of tourists

Once you live in the city for awhile, city things are slowly normalized. 

I haven't left the city, really, for about 8 months, so I forgot what 'Merica was like. 

My first thought when seeing all of these baseball caps, mom jeans, fanny packs, friendly smiles, and Midwestern accents was, "tourists. They're everywhere here." 

But, I'm actually the tourist. 

No one has been a trace ironic. My friends at the classy lounge last night were in town because going to local demolition derbies is their summer hobby. The folks tonight are here because there is a new mall that opened in the neighboring valley and it was a special trip for Father's Day. Someone is drinking Budweiser from a bottle. 

The mo-tel lounge has a pleather barstools. There is exposed brick in my room, but cinder block, not "brick." The breakfast buffet included fried chicken. 

I like it here, as a tourist.


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Best and cheapest rental service in Dubai contact for more info.Car Rental jumeirah