Monday, November 17, 2008

pinnacle of my career

i made left-handed hook in PE bball on friday afternoon. if you know how horrible i am at basketball, and that i am right handed, this does, in fact, mark the pinnacle of my basketball career to date.

i've been volunteer coaching the JV girls team lately trying to get in shape as part of the post-USA-italy-cruise Muffin Top Reduction Program (last year i was "head JV coach" but i took the season off to concentrate on my academics and passport stamping agenda). so far i've jammed my finger, caught a virus from one of skillet-handed kids, have a painful ingrown toenail, had the basketball shoved into my eye by an awkward sophomore, and lost a pound.

i'm headed to practice again today and am seriously considering taking up an offer to work with the local british girls team and play some ladies league ball, too. me = addicted. too bad my skills don't match up with my enthusiasm.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't believe I missed seeing your hook shot! I'm working on organizing the team for this year. We MISS you!!!! Already. Seriously. Had some drinks with Kate the other night and talked another girl at the party into playing. Still no replacement for H2. Later, friend! terri; )

Unknown said...

amazing blog. Brazilian Blowout Professional Smoothing Solution