Tuesday, June 15, 2010

please don't leave me

there has been some confusion from my target audience (i.e. dad) about my antics thus far in the city. just to be clear, i am not in D.C. to date while my poor husband is away. in fact, the mere thought of being a single person makes me want to vomit. not because being single is bad, but because my particular personality characteristics make me being single a horrible experience (not to mention i am desperately in love with dan).

amy and i went to lunch on saturday with one of the most fun and interesting women i've ever met, ENTJ Lou. if you're not aware of the Myers-Briggs personality test, ENTJ is short for "insufferable." Lou doesn't mind me saying this a) because it's true and b) because i am also an ENTJ. we are extroverts (talk, talk, talk) who move so fast, steamroll over people, always organized, and have a tough time sitting still.

common word used to describe us: abrasive.

sound familiar? yep.

i learned all about my "letters" during my master's program and am very, very aware of how ridiculously overwhelming i am. not to mention that i am a "monogamous extrovert" (a phrase i think i just invented). it is defined as an extrovert who is most comfortable with one or two people, versus being in large groups of people. see also: suffocating.

and you know what that means...if i get you in my clutches, you're going to have a tough time escaping. ask erin. i save up all my words through the week and then talk her ear off until she shoves me out the door.

in light of that, when an ENTJ finds "the one" who can put up with her for more than 20 minutes, she knows to dig those claws in real deep and hang on. that being said, there is absolutely nothing i would to to jeopardize the relationships situation i am in. i often compare dan's personality to a nice steady line. whereas i am more like the sine wave. i don't know how it works, but it DOES, and i am unbelievably happy. frankly, i am also lucky that dan hasn't run away in terror long before this moment (i love you, huzzy. smoochie, smoochie, where are you going? why? what do you want to do now? how about now? what are you thinking about? do you miss me? i miss you. come home now! no? how about now? agh!).

and to all of my friends out there, thanks for sticking around with me as well. if i annoy you even half as much as i annoy myself, then i feel for you.

but back to facts, i am in DC to network and learn about marketing and sustainability. coincidentally, i am enrolled in Single-People Boot Camp-DC because of a clerical error. let's just say that i'm auditing the course.

i'm pretty sure the real reason that my pops is so concerned is best put in his own words:
"i have a vested interest in helping ensure that this marriage works," he said, pointing at dan and i, "because I don't want that [pointing at me] moving back in here [pointing at his house]."

i can't imagine why not? really? why not? but, but, D? so, wait! where are you going? come back! let's talk about it! agh!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Whew! I thought you were totally in DC to pick up boys. ;D